During the exciting journey to your destination, you should always keep a few imperative travel tips in mind. By adhering to the advice that Cache Travel has gathered, you can plan a safe and memorable traveling experience.
Blend In and Stay Alert
Whenever you’re entering a new area, you should blend in with the crowd. You can blend in by:
- Concealing any proof that you were on a cruise ship or resort (like a wrist band)
- Refraining from wearing a camera around your neck
- Avoiding the act of taking out your map in the middle of crowded areas
It’s also important to remain alert at all times. Use your judgment wisely in order to determine whether the area you are in is safe or not.
Secure Your Luggage
As many of your valuables are in your luggage, properly securing it is extremely important. In order to do this, you can buy a lock and ensure the key is safely kept in your pocket or bag. Attach the lock on every zipper on your suitcase(s).
If you have a backpack, you should always place it in a bag mesh protector. These protectors secure your bag in a wire mesh which then enables you to lock it with one of our high quality locks. Make sure your valuables are inside the areas of your bag that are locked.
Secure Your Credit Cards and Cash
Before you travel, call your bank and let them know that you’ll be going away. By doing that, they can unlock your debit/credit cards so that you have access to all of your funds. In order to properly secure your cash and credit cards, you should:
- Keep your cash and credit cards secured safely in your bag
- Remain alert at all times
- Refrain from taking out a large sum of cash to pay for something. If you’re searching for $20, don’t take out all of your cash!
Write down the numbers of all of your credit/debit card companies so that you can call them if you happen to lose your wallet, or if you become a victim of theft..